The world is fast reaching a point where the number of netizens will equal the citizen population as almost every single person is going to be connected to the internet in one way or the other either via smartphones, tablets or laptops. This growing crowd of people on the internet has given rise to the creation of an endless number of websites and blogs all trying to satisfy the requirements of the netizens who are constantly in search for relevant and up to date information.
Advertisements are always a part of any companies marketing strategy as manufacturer and distributors need to push their product or services to the targetted audiences. Earlier it was advertisements only through mediums like the televisions, newspaper and print media which is still very much prevalent but today with the exponential growth of the internet, advertisements on websites have started to become a very viable means of promoting and reaching a wide spectrum of customers which spans across the globe.
Huge internet companies like Facebook and Google today run their businesses with a major share of their revenue coming from adverts and to mention here the new era of online marketing called ‘Affiliate Marketing”.
Google AdSense is one such opportunity created by the biggest search engine of our times, ‘Google’. To give you a quick explanation of what Google AdSense is, it is an advertising placement service created by Google and is one of the oldest networks who offer ad publishing. Google AdSense is primarily aimed at web publishers and provides advertisement placements in the form of text, video, and images to be placed on websites, blogs or any online platforms with an opportunity to earn money on such placements.
As a web publisher, you can earn money on these advert placements when a visitor views or clicks on the advertisement and a major revenue is generated from Google on either a per click or per impressions of these advertisements. You can choose the category of advertisements to be shown on your blog or website based on the theme of your blog or the type of product or services offered by your company. There are thousand of satisfied customers and publishers who rely completely on revenue generated from Google AdSense as this is one big opportunity to earn huge money online. Let it be for any budding blogger or website owner Google AdSense is the first and best thing which comes to their mind in order to convert their virtual presence into a revenue-generating entity and hence the number of people opting for Google AdSense has been growing consistently. With these number every increasing and in order to maintain the assurance that Google Advertisements are placed on quality and credible websites Google has made the approval a little stricter than it used to be earlier.
There are thousand of satisfied customers and publishers who rely completely on revenue generated from Google AdSense as this is one big opportunity to earn huge money online. Let it be for any budding blogger or website owner, Google AdSense is the first and best thing which comes to their mind in order to convert their virtual presence into a revenue-generating entity, hence the number of people opting for Google AdSense has been growing consistently. In order to maintain the assurance that Google Advertisements are placed on quality and credible websites, Google has made the approval a little stricter than it used to be earlier.
How do you start Google AdSense?
So first things first, let me try to easily teach you what you need to do to start off with Google AdSense. First and foremost you need to register a free AdSense account on the Google AdSense website and once registered you need to get yourself verified and approved by Google AdSense team with your website or blog on which you intend to place the advertisements. Once approved and logged in you can copy the placement code from your profile and paste it onto your website to start displaying the adverts. Off course you would have chosen the category or type of the adverts intended to place before getting into the copy procedure. Now as I mentioned earlier Google has made it very strict to get approval from the Google Team. I just followed some important key points to get my blog approved and verified and would like to share the same here too.
These are some of the key points for getting verified and approved by Google AdSense.
- High-Quality Content: Content is the most important for any website or blog and you should have high-quality content which is original. Google is all about providing better and quality contents to its visitors as being one of the largest search engines it tweaks its algorithms to fetch the best possible quality websites with good contents.
- Privacy Page: Having a privacy page is one of the major requirements for your website and is taken very seriously for getting approved. Privacy page shows a sense of the seriousness of the website owner or blogger and tells the visitor about the do’s and don’t’s which is expected from the visitor.
- About Page: Any website will have an about us page or a profile page to communicate to its audience who the owner or the creator of the website is. It gives the visitor a clarity of the persona of the owner or the business entity. The visitor gets to understand that they are dealing with a real person and so does it give the Google Adsense team the understanding about the existence of the real person behind the website. This creates a long-standing trust between the user and the website publisher and increases your chances of getting faster approval from Google AdSense.
- Contact Us Page: Have a contact us page which is quite essential to your blog or website as you want visitors to contact and interact with you. This not only shows that you have a genuine intention of building a visitor network online but also shows the seriousness in what you do to Google AdSense team as its all about creating a community online.
- Name & Email Address: Off all the key elements required to get your website or blog approved for Google AdSense this is one of the most important. Your name and Email address are identified as your persona and it makes it evident that you do not intend to spread spam or are not any crappy bot over the internet.
- No of Posts: I would recommend you to have a minimum of 10 posts with good quality content and try to maintain at least 500 words per posts. I have seen many blogs getting themselves approved with fewer posts as well but just to be on the safer side do have at least 10 posts.
- Blog Design: Your website or blog design also plays a primary role and do have one which is lite and easy to load with lesser color tones rather than flashy web elements. Some of the points which you can keep in mind would be:
- A simple design which is easy to load on any device.
- Have a proper and simple menu with easy navigation.
- Have a blog or website which is SEO friendly and the best and most used is WordPress as it gives you all the tools and plugins.
- Your website or blog needs to be fast loading.
- Have a website which is responsive and mobile friendly as there is a huge increase in a number of visitors using smartphones and tablets.
Conclusion: I don’t think getting your website or blog approved by Google AdSense is a horrendous task if you follow the essentials prerequisite which is required and looked upon by the AdSense team. I am sure that you will get your Google AdSense approved very soon but believe me there are many other options and alternatives as well to make money with your blog.