In the early days of the web, the only online profile which we had to manage was the website, but things have changed and evolved a lot. Today companies have to deliver an experience which is effective across a various range of platforms from websites to mobile applications and also a presence on social networks via the company profile pages. A good site should always begin with the user and is of utmost importance to understand your customer and the way they use the channel to shop for products as well as services and also to understand how the marketplace works in any specific category.
It is also very important that you do continuous research, feedback, and usability testing in order to access usability and customer experience online.
To put it as simple as possible and further to elaborate it would be wise to explain the most important elements that contribute to a good and effective web presence as:
All of these elements need to be combined and well balanced to achieve that perfect UI experience that visitors would really love to experience while browsing through your website.
Some of the areas which need to be well addressed while trying to incorporate all the above elements into site design and companies need to harness their internal skills or even use a specialist Website Design company in order to harness all the success factors.
- Accessibility: Accessibility is one of the foremost and most important aspects of a website design which needs to be focused upon and achieved essentially. It is a legal requirement under the disability and discrimination law that accessible design is created that support visually impaired site users and other disabled users with limited limb movements. Not only that a good accessible website design will help users accessing the site from multiple devices and contributes in assisting search engine optimization.
- Information Architecture: It is always important that a sound system of structure and labeling of contents in the headings, as well as the navigations, helps a lot in increasing the findability via a good standard navigation bar and a search option on the website.
- User-centric design: A user-friendly site not only will help users to find what they are in pursuit of but also will give them a satisfactory experience thereby smoothly helping them to complete their action on the website.
- Web Standards: There are a set of web standards set by the World Wide Consortium (www.w3.org) and the web standards projects and its always good to comply with these standards while producing a consistent website in the way the website is coded.
- Search Engine Optimization: This is one specific area which cannot be ignored as this forms the very base on which your website pages will be crawled by the search engines. SEO needs to significantly be considered in the site design and also within the contents created else search robots may be unable to crawl the contents so that your pages are categorized relevantly thereby making it searchable.
- Commercial results: A website is all about offering what your visitors are in need of. The website should focus on its primary objectives of conversion rate optimization by offering users the best choices for their requirements.
Summary: Creating a website and content on the site is completely intended to your visitors and hence the overall experience provided should as pleasing and fulfilling as possible. Moreover, your website should be equipped with what visitors are seeking and keeping that in mind you need to have a very targetted content strategy and plan in order to succeed in garnering the intended traffic.